Sunday, October 17, 2021

Okay Ani,

I was attacked by a stray dog which resulted in a few broken bones, stitches and mental trauma. I just remembered that I had purchased an Accident Medical Expense plan about five months ago on top of my regular medical coverage. It's been two months since I got treated. I filed a claim with my health insurance company but they said I have not reached my deductible for the year. Is it too late to file a claim with my Accident plan and do you think they will cover something like this?

Thanks,

Amy


Hi Amy,

Thank you for taking your time to write me. I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience. Please file a claim with your AME plan as soon as possible, the window is usually 180 days after the event. Also, please make sure that you sought treatment within 30 days of the accident. If these check out, you should be compensated for the amount of coverage you purchased. Please reach out to me if you have any other questions.

Be Well,

Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment